Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Engel Stadium in Chattanooga, TN.


The Chattanooga Lookouts played their home games at Engel Stadium from 1930-1999!

I stopped by briefly a couple of weeks ago to snap some photos.

Engel was recently used for filming in the movie "42" about Jackie Robinson.

While I was there, workers were taking down HUGE green screen walls that were used for the movie.

I do love the fact that the venue is being used in some form.  I am not a fan of green screen though.  There is something obviously fake about it.

There is a little part of me that feels excited about a great, historic park getting some screen time BUT is seems they are masking a lot of it.

Still, I am glad they are making the film.  I am sure I will watch it, and I am sure I will love it.

I have to admit that there was something cool about watching them take down the green screen.  They spent a lot of time putting that up and all.  The screen looked several stories high.

Please excuse the dust appearance on some of the photos.  Chattanooga was very hot and very rainy while were were in town, and it affected my camera some.




No comments:

Post a Comment