Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Monday, September 30, 2013

Birmingham Barons at Regions Field

Towards the end of the season we were able to catch a game in Birmingham! 

This is one of those baseball towns I have wanted to get to for some time, but I FINALLY got there!

AND, you may or may not know, there are now 3 significant ballparks in town with some major history to them!

I did stop by all 3, though I was only able to physically get in to the current park, Regions Field.  More on the other 2 later.

There is a lot to like about this roomy park.  It is big, but it doesn't feel big.  Plus, there is a great skyline view!

One thing that I really love about the city of Birmingham is the MASSIVE statue Vulcan.  Look him up if you are not familiar with him but he is one of the largest statues around, and he is spectacular.  You can see him from the park.

And this park had a nice community vibe going on.  I chatted with several of the staff and locals. 


Birmingham has so much baseball history, it almost seems odd that they built ANOTHER park, but Regions Field is just so comfortable.  Somehow, the Barons were able to bring some of their history with them to this park.

This is definitely a park that I would like to try to get to often.








No comments:

Post a Comment