Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Friday, March 1, 2013

Wild Pitches

We are just a month or so away from the start of the season!  I don't know about you, but I always get excited this time of the year, thinking about road trips to various parks!

I was talking to a friend the other day.  He is getting close to retirement age, and he is thinking about trying to visit all of the major league parks.

I love this idea, but I asked him about seeing some of the minor league parks.

He has not been to PNC in Pittsburgh at all, but hopes to get there this year.  I told him that that park is probably my all time favorite.  Then I told him that my second favorite (majors or minors) would be Victory Field in Indianapolis.  I encouraged him to make sure he gets to Indianapolis for his pilgrimage too, even though it belongs to a AAA team.

There are so many ways to rank and judge a park though.  I know some people like the very modern parks, and some like the more traditional feel.  Some people think that there are only 29 parks in the US and 1 in Canada.

Sure, I hope to visit all of the MLB parks at some point in my lifetime (I am about halfway there), but I am even more proud of the fact that I have visited about 70 minor league parks.

What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment