Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Friday, September 12, 2014

Wild Pitches

Well, the minor league season is pretty much over, with the exception of a playoff game here and there.  This has been a painfully slow season for me.  I only made it to a fistful of games.

Not to get personal (this is a blog about baseball), but my cat became very sick in March.  We have had to give him fluids and various meds each evening.  This has prevented me from going to a ton of games like I usually do each season.  I am glad that I could do it for him though, and I did not mind missing out on the season to help him out.

ANYWAY, there are several parks I was hoping to make it to one more time this season.  Nashville, for example, gets a new park next year!  I am very excited for them, but I hoped to make it to Greer Stadium one more time.

The Huntsville Stars are moving too, along with some other teams here and there. 

The Jamestown Jammers will relocate too.  I have been to Jamestown, and I have seen the Jammers but I never got to see them at home.  Here is a great article by Benjamin Hill from milb.com about the teams move.

Ben, as always, does a great job of describing the sadness of the teams last game (in front of a "crowd" of less than 400).

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140827&content_id=91596882&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb&sid=milb

Thanks for reading, this blog may remain pretty dormant until next season!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment