Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Babe Ruth by Rebecca Clark Rau


I have not read a thorough biography on Ruth. Recently, I was looking at books at Joseph Beth and I came across this one by Kentucky author Rebecca Clark Rau.

This is a nice, easy to read volume on Ruth. It is pretty to the point, giving a fun account of each season, of his growing up in Baltimore, and his last days.

Rau does add a little creativity to the account, assuming some of Ruth and his family's thoughts at times, but you can tell where the creative assumptions occur and where the facts are.

I enjoyed reading about Ruth's early days with the minor league Orioles team, and his desire to pitch less as his career went on.

Another thing I like about this book is that the author mentions locations of some of the Ruth landmarks (his dad's bar, for example).

I was happy to see a Kentucky author put such a nice book together! If you have not read up on the Babe, check this book out!

babethelegend.com

No comments:

Post a Comment