Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tennessee Smokies





Tennessee is a state that just keeps growing on me.  I love getting down there whenever I can.

Even when it is not baseball season, this is just a fun neck of the woods. 

Not far from Smokies Park is the very nice and friendly Smoky Mountain Visitor Center.  They have a nice selection of postcards and lots of brochures about things to do in the area.  I love the friendly staff there- they always seem to know whats going on in the area.  They have helped me a lot with suggestions about other places to see near by.  Without prompting, they have drawn out maps for me more than once.

There is a great Bass Pro Shop close by too!  Then again, all Bass Pro Shops are great.  I get my shoes there.

Smokies Park is a very short drive from Gatlinburg and Knoxville.  Enjoying all of the fun things in Gatlinburg or hiking through the parks during the day and then going to a ballgame in the evening is a great way to spend a weekend.

I mentioned on my other blog that we visited the Bush Brother's Visitor Center not far from hear recently too.

We stay at the Hampton next to the park and I love that place.  I am more of a Hyatt fan in general, but this place is great.  They are walking distance from Smokies Park too!

Visiting the area, catching a game, and just enjoying the casual feel of the area is a treat.













No comments:

Post a Comment