Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Friday, January 17, 2014

Wild Pitches

There are some interesting things FINALLY going on in the world of minor league baseball right now!

Joe Mikulik is managing again!  I REALLY like this guy, and I am glad he has another chance to do his thing.  For over a decade, the man was a huge part of baseball in the SAL.  Here is some more info blueridgenow.com-

http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20140109/NEWS/140109896/1008/SPORTS?Title=Former-Tourist-manager-Mikulik-takes-over-at-Myrtle-Beach&tc=ar#gsc.tab=0

AL.com has put together a timeline for the Huntsville Stars, who will be playing their last season in 2014.  They will be moving to Mississippi.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/01/a_timeline_of_huntsville_stars.html

I do hope that area sees a pro team again.  BUT, I have to be honest, I can think of many other baseball towns I would enjoy roadtripping to in the south more (Chattanooga, Nashville, Sevierville, Birmingham, Savannah, etc). 

Lastly, I am sure you know about the fire that broke out at Fifth Third Ballpark near Grand Rapids Michigan.  I love this park and the entire area around it.  For some reason, I keep finding myself there and I have come to admire this team, its park, and the surrounding community.  I am certain that the park will be back in shape by the start of the season.  I really look forward to seeing more games there.

No comments:

Post a Comment