Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Friday, April 4, 2014

Wild Pitches

Do you check out Kurt Smith's site, "Ballpark E-Guides"?  I have mentioned this site before, but it is worth mentioning again, as Kurt puts up a lot of fun, interesting, and helpful info.

I really liked his article about the Expos moving from Montreal.  Check it out here-
http://www.ballparkeguides.com/nationals-park---what-happened-to-the-expos.php#.Uz1RYkzD99A

Kurt has written a very brief and easy to understand explanation of what went down.

He also got me thinking about all of the ballparks and teams that have moved on, or that are about to move on.  I don't mean to sound sappy, but I do feel a bit sad about defunct baseball teams.

It is well known that this is the last season for the Huntsville Stars, and Kurt's story reminded me of my visit to their park a few seasons ago.  The place was empty.  I grabbed a seat behind home plate, and I could listen to the radio broadcast live, as the voice of the Stars had his window open, calling the game right behind me.

On a brighter note, the season has started!  I am looking forward to visiting some new parks, and to seeing the local teams that I love.  The Lexington Legends play in my backyard, so I will be seeing a lot of their games.  The Florence Freedom start up in May, I will be at several of their games.  There are some teams a little further out that I look forward to seeing a time or two each season, like the Tennessee Smokies, the West Virginia Power, and others.  Visiting those teams at their home park is like visiting an old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment