Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Indianapolis Indians Blog



I have been pretty open about my love for Indianapolis. I am always looking for an excuse to get out there. It might be my favorite city outside of Kentucky, and it is probably my favorite major city.

I love downtown Indianapolis. There is a lot going on, and the town has pride.

We took a road trip to Indianapolis with our friend Jessica from Cleveland once. We were walking down some steps holding on to the rail. Our friend Jessica commented that normally, she wouldn't feel comfortable touching a hand rail in a downtown, but she did in Indianapolis.

That is not an insult to other major towns- it is a compliment to Indianapolis. Our germ phobic friend Jessica was OK with using the hand rails.

This is a clean, well maintained and happening town. It is an attractive town too.

Not to sound sappy, but I am a fan and an admirer of this town. I also feel like the town is a friend. See my other blog to read me go on and on even more about how much I love Indianapolis.

For the sake of this blog, let me focus a bit. In addition to my admiration for the city, I love the towns baseball team.

Victory Field is a short walk from most of the downtown hotels. The walk is pleasant and the streets are nice.

The park itself offers a great view of the skyline. It is such a great setting for a game.

Luckily, the team also has a great blog. Scott McCauley does a great job of covering the team during the season. Check out some of his older posts, as he is great at getting shots of the parks the team visits.

http://indyindians.mlblogs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment