Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Jim Bunning and unemployment benefits


I have no desire to get political with this blog in anyway, but Jim Bunning is a Kentucky Senator AND a baseball Hall of Famer. Since this blog is called "Kentucky Baseball" I should mention him, especially right now.

I had a conversation recently with a friend who is dealing with unemployment. Lets call my friend Heather. She and her family are struggling, as many are right now. She said that she was worried about Senator Bunning making it so she could not continue getting her unemployment benefits.

My friend Heather talked about not being very happy with Jim at the moment.

"You are aware that he pitched a perfect game, right?" I mentioned.

For some reason, this did not change Heather's feelings.

"I don't have a job right now" was her response.

"You know he is also in the baseball Hall of Fame?"

Still, Heather seemed unmoved by my pro Bunning argument.

Sports Illustrated had a "Scorecard" section on him this week (cover shown). The guy has put his time in for Kentucky, and for baseball (SI gives him credit on that). SI gives a short but thorough recap of his political ups and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment