Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kansas City T-Bones


Kansas City Missouri has the Royals. Kansas City Kansas has the T-Bones.
We timed out our Missouri/Kansas trip to make sure we could see the Cardinals, the Royals and the indy league T-Bones.
I can't say enough about how much the Kansas City area has going on. Missouri AND Kansas. This park really added to our whole experience in this area.
The T-Bones on field announcer was interviewing kids from several local little league teams on the field as they paraded before the game. Most of the kids gave her generic yes or no answers, or told her their position.
One kid decided to take a moment to describe his team's accomplishments, and he went into excessive detail about how good they were. It was pretty funny.
It was mascot day when we went. I love mascots.
I also love the fact that there are so many minor league teams getting good local fan support. I especially love seeing the independent teams drawing good support. These guys had a good crowd.
The park is very unique as it is used by other teams, and for other sports.
The Park is in the Village West area, and it features one of the nicest lifestyle centers (I hate that word, by the way) that I have seen. It seemed to go on forever. Oh, and we found some good BBQ close by. This is the kind of town I could move to if I ever had to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment