Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Wild Pitches

So, the season is winding down. I am trying to fit in as many more games as I can, but it is getting tough! I was hoping to do one more trip around Tennessee and catch some of the teams around the eastern part of the state, but I am not going to be able to.

Anyone see Andrew McCutchen get hit by Mike Leake the other night? Ouch! I'm sure that wasn't on purpose (though Mike getting hit at his next at bat was). Still, that looked bad.

The Reds and the Pirates are my two teams, and those or two favorite players right now.

I have watched Andrew play at every level. In the minors, he was always a friendly guy before the games, and would sign autographs every time asked. It was a lot of fun watching him come up.

One of my favorite teams, the Florence Freedom, is not having a great season. I don't know what happened, but it is just not working at the moment. Still, when I attend games (even on weeknights) they are drawing good crowds. This is a great team that gets a lot of good local support, even on an off season.

I love the Freedom and the entire Frontier League. I know a lot of people who are a bit picky about the games they attend. I know of some people who only go to games in the majors. I know of some who will go to upper level minor league games.

There is something special about the Frontier League. Sure, it is considered a lower level of pro baseball (which, in my opinion, is a scrappier, more exciting version of baseball to watch). But it is fun. The crowds, the teams, and the entire experience are more casual. The Frontier League is, at this point, an older, and more established indy league.

http://frontierleague.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment