Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kim Andrew 1975 Red Sox


Kim Andrew played a couple of games for that great 1975 Boston Red Sox team!

Kim let me know a little bit about himself recently.

He says that, since he lives in the LA area, he usually gets the Dodgers games. He is pretty busy these days though, so it is hard to watch them. He usually sees the highlights on cable.

Right now he says that he has no favorite teams.

He did meet Ryan Braun a couple of years ago, and he has followed his career. He feels that Braun is putting up some good numbers and could eventually make it to Cooperstown.

Mr. Andrew spent some time playing in Italy and I asked him about this. He said it was a fun place to play and to visit, but it was not much of a challenge for him. Plus, the country's main sport is soccer.

2 comments:

  1. Hey There - My Name is Les, Leslie Rizenman & I Live in Joshua Tree, Calif. I'm a Former Minor League Player USA/Latin America - Played 12yrs. in the Mexican Leagues. Kim Andrew went to James Monroe, the Same High School as I - He Played on the Only Los Angeles High School Team, 1971 to Go Undefeated & Played at Dodger Stadium & Won the LA City Championship 1-0 - I Helped Lead My Team in 1976 to the City Championship but Lost 2-1 we Both Played for Coach Denny Holt, who was a Very Tough & Disciplined Leader. A Number of Players Signed Pro from Monroe, Doug DeCinces being the Most Accomplished. I Own an Auto Detailing/Pressure Washing Business & Private Batting Cage & Pitching Training Facility Here in Joshua Tree. If Possible, Please Let Kim Know that I Would Like to Communicate with Him - He Had an Opportunity that Only Few Could of Experienced & although His Baseball Career didn't Last Long as We Both had Wished, He Made it to the Big Leagues & Played Alongside Some of the Greatest Players in History & Should Be Very Proud of that. His Teammate Fred Lynn, a Favorite Player of Mine, Lives Close By & I would Love to Meet Him Some Day & Talk about that 1975 Season. Thank You, Les

    ReplyDelete