Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lexington Legends 2013 Season!

Baseball season is here again!  For some reason, it seemed to me like it took longer to get here this year!

Opening day with the Legends here in Lexington was a bit underwhelming.  The weather was great, but the crowd was small.  Very small.

I know that many people (OK, almost everyone in the state) was home watching a little basketball game on the same night as the Legends home opener.

For me, there is something very special about the early part of the season, and game number 1.  In early April, everything seems right in the world again. 

AND there is something very special about having so many professional baseball teams in the area!  It seemed like for years, Louisville was the only team around.  Now, Bowling Green, Florence, AND Lexington all have minor league teams!

PLUS, you can take a very reasonable weekend trip to some great areas just outside of the state lines to catch games.  Seeing games in Indianapolis, Sevierville, Charleston West Virginia, and Chattanooga has become an annual tradition for us.

BUT there is something so special about having your very own home town team.

Lexington is now affiliated with the Royals.  I am pretty excited about this because I like the Royals.  Then again, I like the Astros too, and I will always be pulling for their guys too.  It was fun seeing guys like Jose Altuve come up through their system.

I always have a good time at Legends games though.  To me, there is absolutely nothing more relaxing that catching a game in Lexington on a nice warm weeknight.

I like the Legends new uniforms a lot.  It was time for a change and I like the change that was made!

The team has done a great job with their new merch too!  I especially like the jersey t-shirts they have in the team shop now.  PLUS, it looked like most of the shirts were priced at under $20, which is a bit of a rarity in baseball these days.







No comments:

Post a Comment