Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gordy Lund- 1967 Indians & 1969 Pilots

Gordy Lund sent a very fun note recently!

"I don't have a favorite team but I do follow the Chicago teams."

"I go to 4 or 5 Kane County Cougars in the Midwest League."

I asked him about his favorite players, and he said, "my favorite player was Nellie Fox with the White Sox."

I also asked Gordy about his time with the legendary PCL Hawaii Islander. He said that the players with that team were "a great bunch of guys."

That team's manager was Chuck Tanner. Gordy calls Chuck a "great guy to play for."

He also mentions that the information on baseballreference.com is incorrect. He tells me he, "went to Taft HS in Chicago from 55 to 59 when we won two city championships."

No comments:

Post a Comment