Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Casey Blake

Casey Blake is one of my all time favorites. We started following him when he was with my old home team, the Cleveland Indians.
Cleveland loved this guy. He had a great work ethic, and just did it all. I remember one of the guys calling the game commenting that Blake would sell hot dogs in the stands if Wedge asked him to.
He played hard and he was great with the fans. I never once saw him turn a fan away for an autograph.
Here are a couple of pictures from about 5-6 years ago. He was rehabbing with the single A Lake County Captains. Before the game he signed autographs and talked to all of the fans that came up to him. I remember he hit one over the outfield one in his first at bat with the Captains.
Looks like the Rockies did not keep him after spring training, but surely someone else will. I could see him maybe coaching in the next few years. I hope he stays in baseball.







No comments:

Post a Comment