Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Wild Pitches

I wanted to take a moment to mention this weeks Sports Illustrated.

There is a great article on Andrew McCutchen, one of my favorites, and how he had to retool a few things when he was at AA.  I've followed him since his time in the SAL, and I am glad to see him getting so much credit and press.

There was a very interesting letter published too, from a Leah Bishop in Atlanta.  The letter concerns a previous SI article about sports stories that we have heard enough of.

Bishop talks about the Penn State scandal, and how the kidnapping of Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos occurred around the same time.

Leah says, "While Wilson Ramos's story was more compelling, it was a mere blip on the radar compared with all the media attention the Penn State scandal got and continues to generate."

I really liked the point of this letter and I thought SI put another good issue together this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment