Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Aaron Marsden 2003 Rockies 3rd Round Pick

Aaron Marsden spent 3 years in the farm system of the Colorado Rockies between 2003 and 2005. He played on 2 of my favorite A level teams, the Asheville Tourists and the Modesto Nuts. Fans of the TV show "7th Heaven" may remember the Nuts involvement in an episode.

After his time with the Rockies, he spent some time playing in the independent leagues. According to the baseball reference site, he finished up his last season, 2008 with one of my favorite indy teams, the Sussex Skyhawks (who play in Skylands Park, the former home of the defunct New Jersey Cardinals).

Aaron sent a great note to me about his playing days. "I think I enjoyed my year in Asheville the most because we had a good group of guys, there were a lot of teams in the league, and most of the ballparks had great atmospheres."

Aaron is involved in a job where he helps people these days, and he said that he enjoys this. "I haven't had a chance to revisit any of my former teams, but I do attend Rockies games, and get to see some of my friends playing in the big leagues."

"One interesting fact about Asheville's stadium is that it is in the movie Bull Durham. It is where Kevin Costner's character Crash Davis broke the minor league HR record. This isn't surprising as that field is tiny - I gave up a lot of cheap HRs there. In fact, I may have set the record for most HRs given up in that league."

No comments:

Post a Comment