Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rod Miller 1957 Brooklyn Dodgers


Rod Miller played in 1 game with the 57 Dodgers when he was 17 years old!

Rod sent a quick note about his career to me. He seems to still be a Dodgers fan, asking "What about the Dodgers" when I mention in my letter several favorite teams (NOT including LA).

I should have mentioned to Rod that the Dodgers aren't one of my favorites BUT one of my favorites is currently on the team. I met Casey Blake when he was with the Indians, and he is such a genuine guy. I will cheer for Casey and any team for which he plays.

Rod says that the minors were tough.

Rod does mention that, across the river from Kentucky at the old ball park in Cincinnati, "the outfield was different." He clarifies that it was uphill.

No comments:

Post a Comment