Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Hal Trosky 1958 White Sox

Hal Trosky is a second generation former Major Leaguer who played a couple of games for the White Sox during his pro career. His dad spent a lot of time with the Indians, and he also played for the White Sox.

Hal let me know that he was at Indianapolis in the late 1950's and he played in Louisville several times.

Mr. Trosky also mentions that he played in an exhibition game in Madisonville in 1955 or 1956. "The club house had dirt floors."

I am so glad the Hal sent a note about playing in Madisonville. I love that little town and would love to hear more about baseball in that area.

Hal's letter made me think about how great the history of baseball is. I have seen Louisville and Indianapolis tangle many times. It gives me goose bumps to know that those two teams have played against each other now season after season for so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment