Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Negro Leagues Baseball Museum part 2

I will get a post up in the next day or so, but I have recently traded a couple of emails with Dr. Ray Doswell, curator at the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. He commented on my recent post about my trip to the museum.

Ray wanted to respond to my mentioning that there were some things wrong with the museum.

I think it says a lot for Ray, and for the Museum that they are obviously searching the internet for comments about the facility, and they are doing their best to make sure problems are addressed. Not only that, but Ray has spent a lot of time addressing every thing I mentioned. I am impressed by the fact that Ray and the NLBM are concerned about any comment or criticism- even if it is coming from a small, generally unnoticed blog.

Ray mentioned that there are a lot of changes going on at the museum, mostly relating to improvements, and our visit was on a very transition day. The museum was changing bulbs (and he mentions that the museum is switching to more energy efficient bulbs).

Dr. Doswell mentions that if I had come to the museum the day before, I would have been able to see a presentation by Willie Mays biographer Jim Hirsch. Ray is obviously excited about the museum, and the many programs that it is offering.

I would like to thank Ray Doswell for his response to my post. Also, I want to mention that I really appreciate and admire the fact that the museum and its staff obviously care a great deal about the museum, its quality and what it represents.

The NLBM really has a lot of weight on its shoulders, as it is the most significant representation of the Negro Leagues. Ray and the museum obviously care a lot about that responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment