Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Wild Pitches

How about the Reds? Did you see Jay Bruce the other night? WOW!

Are you watching the Ken Burns Baseball programs? I was flipping between the Reds and the documentary the other night. Thank goodness for DVR though, that helped!

I heard on Bob and Tom this morning that 5 fans called to report the Reds for smoking in their clubhouse! After clinching the division, during their celebration, some of the players enjoyed cigars.

Personally, I am totally against smoking. I will avoid an establishment that allows it, BUT- even I could make an exception for this!

One more item this week. I heard that Indians legend Bob Feller went to the hospital recently and is getting a pacemaker. I spent a good chunk of time in Cleveland, I love the Tribe ,and I love Bob. Every young baseball fan needs to read up on him. The guy is a hero. I know some have bashed him for his outspokenness about certain topics, but the man has more than earned his right to say whatever he wants. He paused his career with the Indians to serve his country in WWII. He also did what he could do to help break the color barrier in baseball. Rapid Robert defines integrity.

Good luck to Mr. Feller. He is tough as nails though, so I am sure all is going to be OK with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment