Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Friday, October 15, 2010

Wild Pitches

I know a lot of people get excited about the post season. I personally feel more joy when I read about pitchers and catchers reporting to Arizona and Florida in February. To me, that is the best!

Plus, since I follow the lower levels of baseball much more closely than the upper levels, I kind of feel like my season is over.

Also, my team is out (AND they were beaten mercilessly out of the post season). Now, I find myself in weird situations concerning who I should cheer for. I am in those situations during the entire season, the post season is nothing new.

For example- the Rays and the Rangers. I like both teams but the Rays are such great underdogs. How can you not love what they have done? How can you not love Joe Maddon? He is so cool.

But I like the Rangers too. Not as much as the Rays, but I like them. They have Cliff Lee! Cliff is my guy and I always want him to win. I simply cannot watch the Rays vs. Rangers with Cliff pitching. I get confused and conflicted.

I am proud of the Reds. Even though they get beat hard by the Phillies, they had a good season.

All things considered, right now I am more excited about February.

No comments:

Post a Comment