Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Baseball in the Carolinas

I am about to get some posts up relating to our baseball trip through the Carolinas. We had a great time visiting the MANY great teams in the two states and in Georgia. This was new territory for me personally.

The only negative experience we had was at the Winston-Salem Dash's park. We asked the person in their box office about checking out their gift shop and the park. She suggested that I look at their web site for merchandise (I thought she was kidding at first when she suggested this). I know this is a newer team with a nice new park. I assume they are drawing good crowds. Still, most parks appreciate people stopping by to spend money in their gift shop and to see the park. If you are traveling through the Carolinas visiting parks and are unable to see them all, I would suggest skipping the Winston-Salem Dash.

We covered 14 parks and I tried to get some great photos at each. We also met some very interesting people along the way. We made stops at the Ty Cobb and Shoeless Joe Jackson Museums (though Shoeless Joe's was closed while we were in town).

This is an amazing baseball area and I will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment