Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

MMA event at Applebee's Park in Lexington




I am all for using minor league parks to their fullest. I am also a fan of MMA competitions. I was pretty excited to hear that MMA would be happening at my favorite ballpark.

There were some issues with the event going on. It was scheduled to start at 7, but the event really didn't get going until 7:30.

Then it rained. And it rained some more. So, an event that is usually held indoors had to suffer through rain.

I would hate to be too critical of a promoter trying to put on an MMA event. If not for the rain, this would have been a great evening of fights.

Anyone attempting to bring some exposure to young fighters, and trying to promote an MMA event gets respect in my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment