Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Five County Stadium- Carolina Mudcats





I had heard a lot of stuff about the park in Zebulon North Carolina. Doesn't "Zebulon" sound like the name of a villain from an old sci-fi movie? I guess it could also be the name of a planet in Star Trek too.

OK, enough of that.

We did get to see the AA Reds team take on the former AA Reds team (the Lookouts). I did see the AA Reds/Lookouts a couple of years ago in Chattanooga take on the Mudcats. Yes, I know, like my Zebulon ramblings, this has nothing to do with my recent trip.

The team and field are nice and cozy. There was a very small crowd the night we went, but I did see a lot of guys keeping score, and talking about the game. The few fans that were there seemed interested in the game.

I did hear some of the locals yelling at the home team pretty aggressively when plays were not made perfectly. I even heard a somewhat loud argument between fans of the Mucats concerning the game.

The team does have netting all over the place. I know many teams are doing this now. I would hate to say that it is not a good thing, but I personally don't like it. Sure, having the nets around home is very acceptable, but some teams have it all over. I like taking pictures, and the net, obviously, makes this difficult. On the flip side of that, I have had some balls graze my ears. There are pros and there are cons.

This is a nice area, with a fun park. If I lived close to this park, I would be at it every night. Sadly, it looked to me like many Zebulonians are not taking advantage of their park!

The town has one of those really cool baseball water towers too. The Knights have one next to their park also. More on that one later.

No comments:

Post a Comment