Lookouts

Lookouts
A GREAT view of the field at AT&T Park in Chattanooga during their pre-season open house!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Shoeless Joe Jacksons House



As mentioned in the other entry for Greenville, Shoeless Joe's house is right next door to the park.

I remember watching the Learning Channel's special on this house some time ago. It was such a cool episode. I remember watching about the time Josh Hamilton was claimed by the Reds, and there was some real excitement around him. We saw Josh playing in the New York Penn League right before that too.

The episode was about Josh helping to restore and move Joe's house.

The museum/house has very limited hours, unfortunately. I thought surely it would be open on game days. I was wrong.

It is still nice, and you have to respect the crew that moved the home, and set it up as a museum.

Just a block or two from the park and the house is a cool Joe statue too!

Hopefully, on my next trip through town, I can see the museum during normal hours (Saturday 9-2).

No comments:

Post a Comment